Sunday, December 26, 2010

VIDEOKE TIME! Michelle -Beatles


Im a very huge fan of the Beatles, I have song compilations, cassette tapes and DVDs at home. But there's one song that I really like for a very long time, "Michelle" is a simple piece of music, yet its the melody and lyrics made it so beautiful.


Yeah, its all over the production floor for the past week!... lagi nalang nilang kinakanta, sana wag ka maasar hehe. Its been a pleasure singing to you this song that night... you know how difficult it is for me to express it, well, the song says it all.

Songfacts:
John Lennon invited McCartney over to college parties when he was still in high school, and French culture was a trend. Paul would try to fit in by sitting in a corner and pretending to be French. He would play little tunes in French, but he only knew a few French words so he would groan or make words up. John told him that he should make it into a real song for Rubber Soul, so he asked his friend Ivan Vaughan, whose wife was a French teacher, for a French name and some words to rhyme with it. Vaughan came up with "Michelle, ma belle." McCartney came up with the next line, "These are words that go together well," and Vaughan taught him the French translation, "Sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble," which he used in the song as well. When he played it for Lennon, John suggested the "I love you" part in the middle. This is not based on any particular woman. They chose the name because it sounded good.

Singer-songwriter Michelle Branch was named after this song.
The French verse is often misheard as "Sunday monkey won't play piano song."
When Paul McCartney received the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song award at a White House ceremony in 2010, he did something he later said he'd been itching to do for a while: sing "Michelle" to the First Lady. President Obama credited McCartney with helping "to lay the soundtrack for an entire generation."

Michelle, ma belle (Michelle, my beautiful one)
These are words that go together well, My Michelle.
Michelle, ma belle, sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble (these are words that go together [very] well - just like they say!)
I love you, I love you, I love you, that's all I want to say,
Until I find a way,
I will say the only words I know that you understand.

I need to I need to I need to
I need to make you see,
Oh what you mean to me,
Until I do I'm hoping you will know what I mean.
I love you...


^___^



1 comment:

Aleisha said...

When there is a birthday party, town fiesta, baptismal, or any occasion worth celebrating, it is not complete without videoke. Even in holidays or in Sundays, videoke is the way for recreation paired with some little drinks. That's our way in the Philippines.