Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fun with words!


What is special about these phrases?

"Sit on a potato pan, Otis", and "Rats live on no evil star"...
they are actually phrases that can be read the same way in either direction!

Palindromes are words or phrases that read the same in both directions,.. for example, words like EYE,or RACECAR, or RADAR. Words like LIVE and STRAW (which read EVIL and WARTS backwards) are not themselves palindromes but the "phrases" LIVE EVIL and STRAW WARTS are. A palindrome is not necessarily a single word.



Wanna see more amazing palindromes??


Don't nod
Dogma: I am God
Never odd or even
Too bad – I hid a boot
Rats live on no evil star
No trace; not one carton
Was it Eliot's toilet I saw?
Murder for a jar of red rum
May a moody baby doom a yam?
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas!
A Toyota! Race fast... safe car: a Toyota
Straw? No, too stupid a fad; I put soot on warts
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?
Doc Note: I dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod
No, it never propagates if I set a gap or prevention
Anne, I vote more cars race Rome to Vienna
Sums are not set as a test on Erasmus
Kay, a red nude, peeped under a yak
Some men interpret nine memos
Campus Motto: Bottoms up, Mac
Go deliver a dare, vile dog
Madam, in Eden I'm Adam
Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
Ah, Satan sees Natasha
Lisa Bonet ate no basil
Do geese see God?
God saw I was dog
Dennis sinned


Did you know that we also have our own palindromes??

check out this Tagalog Palindromes I found on the net...

asa : meaning "hope"
Sila aalis .: Meaning "They will leave."
Para sa mansanas na masarap: Meaning "For a better-tasting apple"
O, tatayo yata to.: Meaning "Look, I think this will stand up."


my favorite!!!!!

"Yehey! Ama, Okay ako, Nasa bayabasan totorotot ".....

nyahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha
XXX

No comments: